Hostel Pekarna is located on the right bank of the Drava River, at the edge of Magdalena Park and near the city center. Hostel Pekarna is a part of the Cultural center Pekarna, which represents a complex of buildings that used to be a bakery. The complex was built at the turn of the 1900-s by the Austro-Hungarian army for the purposes of bread baking for the barracks, then situated on the edge of town (Pekarna literally means bakery in Slovenian).
In the hostel, which is completely renovated and modernly designed, we offer accommodation in seven 4-bed rooms with their own bathrooms, accessible via a wide hallway which is designed for socializing and relaxing.
From the hallway you can access to a terrace, from which you can see our beautiful Pohorje. The attic apartments and studios are designed as a residential centre. Our guests can choose between apartments with modern equipment, private kitchen, bathroom and LCD cable TV, or studios with private kitchen, bathroom, LCD cable TV and terrace.
Hostel Pekarna offers to all its guests:
- the use of the kitchen which is fully equipped, for you to prepare your own meals,
- a large dining room, where we also serve breakfast,
- guests can also find an internet corner with computers and a bar in the dining room, which offers snacks as well as cold and warm drinks,
- a cozy and comfy club room with books and sofas, also used for organizing individual thematic meetings or just for spending pleasant evening hours,
- an outdoor terrace, with chairs and tables, where guests can chill out and enjoy the view of the beautiful surroundings,
- free bike rental,
- free parking,
- free WI-FI,
- DIY laundry service allowing guests to wash and dry their clothes,
- two seminar rooms equipped with the latest AV technology, which can be booked for conference, lectures and cultural and youth activities.